When an additional year of school is finished, it’s great to have some exciting adventures before it’s time to get back to the books again. Some families plan to elaborate vacations and are gone for several weeks on Niagara falls bus tours from NYC, and others choose to choose small scale and stay near to home. Despite which camp you’re in, here are 10 things you can do that are simple, don’t mandate traveling, and will help you make some fun memories as a family.
1. Get out and enjoy the sunshine. There’s something about feeling warm rays on your face and taking in some of that wide blue sky.
2. Spend some time with family. Some people can do this without any travel at all, and if that’s the case, take advantage of it!
3. Try something new. No matter if that’s trying a new hike that you’ve never done before, enabling your kid make the whole dinner for the first time, signing up for your first 5K, or putting a sprinkler system in your yard, executing something different will make things interesting.
4. Get out in nature like travelling with Niagara falls bus tours from NYC. Go camping. Do some biking on a mountain trail. Get up in the mountains to cook dinner on an open fire. Go fishing. Dust off your rock climbing gear and give the kids an opportunity to try.
5. Grab some fireworks and BBQs in there somewhere. Between city festivals and the nation honoring the 4th of July, you should have the opportunity to catch at least one good show in the sky. And what else says summer quite like a BBQ?
6. Take a while to wonder, and nurture it in your kids, too. Admire the morning dew on a spider web or the crazy fast wings of a hummingbird. Watch a summer storm coming in, dance in the rain, and love the clean smell that comes with it. Lay on your back under the trees, stare up at the leaves, and imagine. Not all time requires to be scheduled, and sometimes that quiet can help you refocus and reset.
7. Grow a garden. If you’ve never accomplished this before, it’s an ideal way for kids to watch the process of growing food, from seed to table. Getting out there and working together as you weed, harvest, and plant is one way to instruct some great life lessons, too.
8. Scoop up some ice cream, read from a favorite book, and then lie on your back and watch the heavens. There’s something about getting lost in that immensity of space and the quiet of the world at that time that is peaceful and restorative.
9. Play a card game. There’s nothing like a card game and some good snacks to create the environment for a super fun evening without leaving the house or spending a dime.
10. Read a book, cover to cover, and hopefully more than one. Taking some time to read individually and with your children is an easy way to relax and think, and books can also provide you a new window through which to view the world.
And when the end of summer rolls around and it’s time to head back to school, we are here to help take care of the transportation for Niagara falls bus tours from NYC. We provide a safe, reliable way for kids to get to school in the morning, and we’ll make sure they make it home at the end of the day, too.