Many people ski for several reasons, though there are common things why folks love to reach the slopes. For some, they may have grown spending their winter weekend breaks in fresh powder with their parents (who loved to ski), and it became the activity the family did together for years. For others, it may have been a late exploration that turned into a romantic affair, and now they can’t get enough.
Regardless of the reason, there truly is something epic about venturing out in beautiful temperature, indulging in pristine sunshine, fresh powder, and tearing it up ’til you’re spent. Whether you’re new to the sport or you’re the person that primarily never leaves the mountain and you have to be advised to wash your ski pants (thankyouverymuch), below are five good reasons we think skiing is pretty good.
1. It’s great to get outside. Perhaps more than ever before in the history of the world, people spend the majority of their time indoors. We might recognize how accustomed we’ve become to checking our screens when we disconnect and plug in to nature instead.
2. There are some serious benefits to moving your body. As stated in this article (https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201409/moving-your-body-is-good-your-mind) inPsychology Today, did you know that, in addition to being linked to cardiovascular health, physical activity is linked to brain health, too? And we’re not even getting started on a lot of the other positive byproducts, like helping you sleep better or fighting the internal blues.
3. It can serve to help enhance your coordination. There’s nothing like negotiating constantly shifting terrain and fast performances to train your mind and body to be constantly interacting with the world around it. The more often you do it, the simpler it will become.
4. If life is feeling a little blah, one of the ways things can become interesting again is to learn something new. Take up a new hobby. Figure out why this is something people become addicted to and can’t get enough of when the conditions are amazing.
5. It’s FUN!!! It’s a great way to spend an afternoon with buddies! You’ll get better. You’ll get faster.
But, hey. We’re the folks you wanna call when it’s time to go home and your group is pooped from going to it hard all day. Let us do the driving with our Niagara falls bus tours from NYC while everyone relaxes on the way home.